27 January 2008

Robbie Burns Day

On Saturday the guys had their annual Robbie Burns supper. I was a little worried about this when they started to speak weird sounding words:

Some hae meat and canna eat,
And some wad eat that want it;
But we hae meat and we can eat,
And sae the Lord be thankit.

But then they mentioned something about a haggis. I was starting to think they were getting a replacement for me. I was not too sure about this haggis thing.

When Saturday came my fears were put to rest. The words they were speaking were from a famous Scottish poet, Robbie Burns and they were celebrating his birth with a traditional Robbie Burns supper. Haggis is something to eat not a pet (even though I hear rumours of haggis in the wild) --------- and by the way -------- haggis is delicious. I want more!

The best part of the day was the new "toy" I was given. Watch the following video and see how much fun I had with it.





If only I could figure out a way to get into the whisky.

No comments: